Tonight, instead of hamburgers, I made a treat, Mushel-Burgers! My family loves it. This is a simple meal that takes me back to my childhood. We always had this served with potato chips and kool-aid.
- In large, deep pan, stir fry two pounds of lean ground beef until brown. Drain fat.
- Sprinkle entire packet of onion soup mix over meat.
- Mix 3 heaping tablespoons of corn starch into 2 cups water.
- Pour water over the meat and stir until it is a rolling boil.
- Reduce temp to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make a meat sandwich with mayo, mustard and five pickle slices on soft white bread.
Present: Marty, Mark, David, Audrey. There is enough left over for a sandwich lunch for me and for David..