1 qt mason jar
3-4 pickling cucumberes
3 cloves garlic
8 sprigs fresh dill
1 T coriander seeds
1 T sugar
1-1/2 T kosher salt
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
- Quarter the cucumbers lengthwise, or cut into 1/4 inch chips. Cut garlic cloves in quarters
- In an extra mason jar or covered container, combine coriander seeds, sugar, salt and vinegar. Tightly close lid and shake vigorously until sugar and salt is dissolved. Add 1 cup water to the mixture.
- In the clean mason jar, tightly pack the sliced cucumbers, sliced garlic, and sprigs of dill.
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers. Tap the jar on the counter to release air bubbles and top off the jar with extra water if any cucumbers are exposed.
- Place the lid on the jar and screw on the ring until it is tight. Leave the jar in the fridge for 24 hours before tasting. The pickles last a month in the fridge.
THIS RECIPE IS GOOD!!
Did you know that 5,200,000 pounds of pickles are consumed annually in the United States? That's nine pounds per person!