|a giant kettle korn setup - not my kitchen|
You will need-
mid-sized pot with lid
- In a mid sized pot with lid over high heat, swirl enough butter flavored popcorn oil to mostly coat the bottom of the pot.
- Add 4 kernels of corn and cover. Wait to hear four pops.
- Add 1/4 cup popcorn kernels, cover and swirl just a few seconds to moisten the corn.
- Immediately add 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Cover and shake pan over high heat until popping stops.
- Dump into big bowl and give a few shakes of fine popcorn salt (to taste). Stir well with a large spoon.
I have a glass top stove and it worked fine. In fact, I think shimmy-shaking the pan was much easier on the smooth surface.